The PowerTrunk-T infrastructure system for TETRA land mobile radio networks delivers excellent coverage, security and reliability in a platform designed for efficient implementation and cost-effective scalability. Branded outside North America under the Nebula™ name, the PowerTrunk-T system has been successfully deployed in utilities, oil and gas, public safety and transportation networks around the world for over ten years.
New to the U.S. – Proven Worldwide
The only TETRA infrastructure that is 100% end-to-end IP
- All modules can be duplicated for full redundancy – build a complete fault-tolerant system for unprecedented reliability.
- All system components can be freely distributed to design any network topology.
- VoIP external connectivity facilitates integration with Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) and voice-logging applications.
- No need to geographically centralize system main controllers, avoiding single points of failure.
- Patented method to optimize voice packets inside the IP network reduces IP delays enhancing application bandwidth utilization.
- Use standard networking equipment and reduce risk of obsolescence while lowering costs.
- 75 watts RF output power provides the best coverage available in TETRA networks.
- Repeaters can be upgraded from dual to triple diversity to increase coverage even further.
- Repeater sites can be sectorized to include directional antennas for reception, optimizing available coverage.
- Transmitting sites include state-of-the-art cavity combiners that minimize transmission chain loses.
Optimized simultaneous voice and data communications
- Dynamically configures every repeater site with up to 3 secondary control channels, plus the main control channel to maximize bandwidth available for simultaneous voice/data applications and support higher user density.
- Data speed of 28 Kbps, the TETRA standard, supports packet data and fast data transfer services.
- Hardware-ready for TEDS (TETRA Enhanced Data Service) with boost packet data up to 538 Kbps.
- Best-in-class SDM (Synchronous Data Manager) and IP data booster servers optimize throughput available for external data applications.
- All TETRA data modes are offered: status, short data, multi-slot packet and circuit mode data. Choose the most efficient data mode for each application, even low-resolution video.
Unmatched interoperability, flexibility, and scalability
- Integrated interfaces to legacy systems, other LMR networks and common backhauls facilitate network deployment.
- Supports synchronous and asynchronous backhaul links between the node and the base stations to eliminate the need for transcoding.
- Modular architecture scales from single site to nationwide so you can add new channels, new sites, or new agencies cost-effectively.
- Each central node (master site) manages up to 250 repeater sites, each repeater site supports up to 32 carriers (128 voice channels) and interconnects up to 64 central nodes (master sites). You can create a network of up to 8,000 repeater sites and reduce the amount of LMR network equipment required.
- A fully integrated CAD option manages large coordination centers.
Highest level of network security
- FIPS 140-2 Level 3-oriented tamper-proof E2E encryption modules are available in every system gateway.
- Each module supports up to eight algorithms including AES 256, and OTAK functionality.
- Repeater sites do not require a GPS for synchronization reducing network vulnerability to vandal attacks and facilitating indoor installation.
- Key Management Center generates true random number encryption keys using approved FIPS methods for enhanced security.
Centralized network management
- FCAPS ISO model network management allows you to seamlessly share your network with other agencies yet independently manage your subscribers.
- Real-time alarm management minimizes equipment downtime.
- Real-time statistics module provides real-time network performance indicators.
- SNMP support allows interfacing with higher-level network management systems.
The PowerTrunk-T product line is based on the ETSI TETRA standard. To comply with existing FCC emission masks and occupied bandwidth limits, the modulation roll-off factor has been modified from the standard value of 0.35 to 0.2. Field tests have shown insignificant operational loss of performance. The modified 0.2 version, also called PowerTrunk D-LMR, is fully interoperable with any 0.35 TETRA equipment.
Certificates can be downloaded below.